The focus of IT departments is shifting from keeping systems running to adding value to the business. But while IT’s responsibilities have increased, the need to maintain reliable infrastructure hasn’t changed. Hyperconverged infrastructure can free up resources, allowing IT to focus on value-add opportunities. Here are five benefits of hyperconverged solutions:
- Eliminate IT silos. Rather than using many different servers, hypervisors and storage, a hyperconverged solution merges these functions, reducing complexity for your business.
- Reduce management time. By pooling compute and storage into one shared virtual structure, these resources can be managed through a single interface, dramatically reducing time spent on managing infrastructure.
- Shrink IT footprints. Combining compute, storage and virtualization into one appliance can save both power and space.
- Lower cost of ownership. Easier deployment, lower management costs, a smaller footprint and no more silos all contribute to a lower total cost of ownership and faster time to value.
- Get the best of both worlds. A hyperconverged solution such as the Lenovo HX Series, combined with software from Nutanix, can provide the agility and cost savings of a public cloud with the security and control of an on-premises data centre.
Why Lenovo and Nutanix make for a winning team
Designed for easy deployment and manageability, Lenovo Converged HX Series appliances ship fully integrated, tested, and configured.
Nutanix software is at the heart of the Lenovo Converged HX Series. It converges the entire data centre stack – including compute, storage, storage networking and virtualization – into a single, Lenovo Intel® Xeon® based system.
Nutanix software distributes all operating functions across the cluster for superior performance and resilience, giving you reduced power and space, simpler storage and built-in virtualization.
To learn more about Lenovo HX