The era of work from anywhere is here, and the days of battling traffic to sit in an office from 9-5 are over. As the workforce spends more time away from the office, working from home, employees need tools to enhance their everyday creativity and productivity. These two elements are at the core of the innovative workspace solutions Logitech has been designing for over 35 years.
For decades, Logitech has studied the science of human interaction and how people use technology for their daily work. As users’ needs change, new ideas and innovations to transform and adapt to the new ways of working allow people to perform at their best.
But one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to workspace solutions; everyone works a little differently. Users connect to different operating systems, use different desktop and UC applications and complete a diverse set of daily tasks. That’s why Logitech’s vast product portfolio allows decision-makers to select the right tools for the right teams to support individual workflows.
Why having the right tools for your employees matters
To support business continuity, IT departments are now twice as likely to issue a laptop over a desktop, and this trend shows no signs of slowing.*1 But laptops do not come with all the accessories employees need to be productive. The simple act of issuing an external mouse along with a laptop can not only turbocharge employee productivity but also help improve worker comfort, health and overall satisfaction.
DID YOU KNOW…
Using a mouse vs a trackpad alone will:
- Increase a user’s productivity by 50% *2
- Allow users to complete tasks 30% faster *2
- Provide users a more ergonomic experience, reducing muscle activity by 25% *2
Using a built-in trackpad requires additional activation of the muscles in the neck and shoulder areas compared to the effort required to use an external mouse. That’s why, when external mice are issued along with laptops, workers are not only vastly more efficient, but are also more likely to avoid poor ergonomic setups, which can lead to fatigue and discomfort.*3 These conclusions arose from a study conducted in the Logi Ergo Lab.
Empower your workforce with tools that support productive, healthy workspaces
Often, workers aren’t outfitted with the equipment necessary to create an ergonomic setup while using a laptop. The impact of this can be felt quite literally, and mobile working has only made the problem more acute, especially among those new to the practice. A recent survey revealed that 50 percent of employees new to working from home are experiencing pain and discomfort in the neck compared to only 16 percent when they were working in an office. Thirty-one percent reported pain and discomfort in the shoulder during WFH but only 17 percent reported the same for in-office work. The culprit is often a non-ergonomic workspace, which can negatively impact productivity. *4
Are tools like a mouse and keyboard really that important to my workforce?
DID YOU KNOW….
Heavy computer users in a single day will:
- Hit 11,000 keystrokes
- Click their mouse 4,000 times
And in a year will move their mouse a total distance of 27 kms*5
Now, imagine putting on a pair of flip flops to run a half marathon. You can see why the proper equipment is so important.
Having the right tools to perform daily tasks, whatever the job may be, is imperative for personal wellness. Certified ergonomic devices like the MX vertical mouse or the K860 keyboard support a more natural posture that reduces muscular strain, fatigue and discomfort, leading to a greater sense of wellness for the employee and reduced health claims for the employer. Employees already working with ergonomic solutions say they are happy and 90 percent would never return to a conventional tool again. *6
All workspace solutions are NOT created equally….
In fact, the more optimized a workspace is, the more productivity improves!
Logitech delivers when it comes to optimization, here’s how:
- Easy-Switch is one of Logitech’s coolest features, allowing users with an easy-switch-enabled keyboard or mouse to connect to multiple devices such as a PC, tablet or mobile device with a switch of a button.
- Logitech is well known for its award-winning hardware, but the secret sauce comes from its powerful software, like Logitech Options, that takes the hardware to the next level.
- Logitech FLOW allows users to mouse between computers, making tasks like transferring files from one computer to another a breeze.
- Advanced solutions like Logitech MX series charge with USB-C and deliver long-lasting battery life for up to 4 months. You can continue to work even while your devices are charging.
Logitech’s suite of purposefully designed workspace solutions are reliable, will suit any budget and just simply work. Thousands of organizations globally have chosen Logitech as their trusted brand. Contact your CDW account manager or visit CDW.ca/Logitech to explore solutions that will empower your teams to deliver their best work from anywhere.
- Source: Logitech proprietary ITDM research, 2020
- Based on throughput computation in bits/second combining speed and accuracy averaged for all devices participating in the study. Logitech Ergonomic Lab study with 23 participants (Oct 2019) with four Logitech standard mice and two standard embedded trackpads.
- Logitech proprietary scientific study titled “Understanding How Mice and Touchpads Affect Posture and Muscle Activity During Laptop Computer Use,” 2020.
- Logitech July 2020 survey of 804 IT and business decision makers in organizations with 1,000+ employees (U.S.) and 500+ employees (Germany and China).
- Wellnomics for Logitech, 2019
- Logitech proprietary research among USA enterprise IT decision-makers and end users, 2019