Company and organizational culture is arguably one of the most important aspects of keeping morale and engagement high in any workplace, and even more so for remote workers. With many businesses now encouraging or mandating that employees work from home, people can expect to have their daily routines and work styles impacted. As businesses and organizations shift to a more flexible, remote and video-first working arrangement, Zoom Video Communications offer the ability to collaborate using the devices you already have, providing a comprehensive virtual meeting resource for anyone working from home.
With an easy, reliable and scalable video-first unified communications platform, your organization can maintain business continuity with Zoom’s virtual meetings, voice, webinars and chat solutions across desktops, phones and mobile devices.
- Zoom Meetings & Chat:
Zoom Meetings provide HD video, audio and content sharing across mobile, desktops, telephones and conference room systems. Zoom Meetings are easy, reliable and secure to host and join. They feature MP4/M4A cloud/local recording (with transcripts), video breakout rooms, screen sharing with co-annotation and other powerful collaboration software tools to help your team get more done together. Persistent, cross-platform chat is a feature of Zoom Meetings that enables users to chat virtually and share files 1-1 or in groups. Users can click “Meet” from any chat to start an instant Zoom video meeting with the group participants. Zoom fits into your workflows with integrations with tools such as Slack, Teams and Salesforce.
- Zoom Phone:
Zoom Phone is a cloud phone system available as an add-on to Zoom’s platform. Support for inbound and outbound calling through the public switched telephone network (PSTN) and seamlessly integrated telephony features enable customers to replace their existing PBX solution and consolidate all of their business communication and team collaboration requirements into their favorite virtual meeting software.
- Zoom Video Webinars:
In Zoom Video Webinars, up to 100 video panelists can present with video, audio and screen sharing with up to 10,000 view-only attendees. These webinars feature registration options (with reminder and follow-up emails), reporting, Q&A, polling, raise hand, attention indicators and MP4/M4A recording (with transcripts). Zoom Video Webinars can stream to YouTube and Facebook Live to reach an unlimited live audience with your virtual conference.
5 virtual meeting features to help remote workers build a community
With Zoom, there are many features that allow for additional ways to bring culture and community to your organization in a work-from-home environment. Here are a few to help your employees meet like a pro, no matter where they are.
- Screen sharing: It’s easy to share your screen and collaborate with Zoom; the software also supports multiple people sharing their screens at the same time. It’s great for highly collaborative teams, like engineers.
- Interactive whiteboarding & co-annotation: Zoom supports real-time team collaboration through the whiteboard feature! With interactive whiteboarding and co-annotation, employees can leverage their mobile device, tablet or desktop to co-annotate over a blank whiteboard or over shared content.
- Virtual meeting backgrounds (image or video): Uploading a nice background or video will help employees hide background clutter and other visual distractions and can add some personality to meetings.
- In-meeting chat: Employees can leverage in-meeting chat to share links or resources that may be discussed in their virtual meetings, for example, Google docs, URLs or just quick comments (to not disrupt ongoing conversations).
- “Touch Up My Appearance”: Enabling this feature via Zoom settings helps to reduce under-eye baggage and mild skin blemishes, giving a more polished look that can make employees feel more comfortable on screen.
Learn more about how Zoom can enable your organization to hold virtual meetings from anywhere by reading this PDF, or get started with Zoom today by contacting your CDW account manager.